PIAP Space is a Polish company established in 2017 as a spin-off of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements, dealing with industrial activities related to space.
About the company
PIAP Space Sp. z o. o. (PIAP Space) is a Polish company established in 2017 as a spin-off of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Industrial Institute for Automation and Measurements (Ł-PIAP). Currently, the owners of PIAP Space are: Industrial Development Agency (IDA) and Ł-PIAP. The IDA is active in 3 main domains: development, new investments and restructuring invests. Since couple of years IDA is active in space sector and invest in companies as well as other undertakings, such as ESA BIC Poland.
PIAP Space has a complete infrastructure to provide services guarantees their continuity and repeatability. The implemented ISO 9001:2015 certified for quality in design, development, manufacturing, assembly and tests, in scope of space technology and robotics as well as Project Management Office, Quality Management Department, Purchasing Department, IT Department and the well-established structure of other departments in the company also ensure data security mechanisms, openness to new data and their redundancy.
PIAP Space focuses on two specialisations:
- SPACE ROBOTICS – PIAP Space develops technologies and products in the space robotics domain for On-Orbit Servicing and future OSAM missions. PIAP Space has developed robotic arm and grippers – LAR gripper, Multipurpose gripper, 6-axis Force/Torque sensor and vision-based algorithms for close range rendezvous and LAR pose estimation.
- MECHANICAL GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT (MGSE) – PIAP Space offers various types of devices for the assembly, integration, and testing of satellites and their subsystems. The company has experience in supplying integration adapters (GHA), and Vibration Tests Adapters (VTA). It also manufactures integration stands for a satellite and its panels (PIS, PIT). Besides, the company offers Clamp Bands, Lifting Devices, and Thermal – Vacuum compatible MGSE.
PIAP Space has wide experience in European Commission framework programs H2002 and HEU collaborative projects, such as PRO-ACT, I3DS, EROSS, EROSS+, and €ROSS IOD – LAR gripper at TRL 7 in 2025. PIAP Space is also involved in transnational projects in the robotics area, such as TITAN – arm at TRL 6 in Q1 2024 (ESA) and ORBITA (regional funds) as well as other projects in the robotics technology area.
Technical support offer
- Technological consulting in terms of domestic and European industry opportunities and potential technological niches;
- Support to the startup in terms of identifying possible technological risks and the need to target activities in terms of avoiding the so-called “valley of death” in space technology development;
- Technological consulting in the field of mechanical and robotic systems;
- Access to the prototyping laboratory (including 3D printing);
- Access to the vision systems laboratory;
- Access to calibration of force and torque sensors.
- Technical-technological support and realization of advanced prototyping of mechanical systems using, among other things, additive metal manufacturing technology;
- Assistance to a Startup in perfecting space technology and adapting it for use in terrestrial conditions;
- Providing technical infrastructure and specialised equipment in accordance with the Parties’ internal regulations.
Visit website: https://piap.space/
Contact us: email@example.com