The Center for Innovation of the Warsaw University of Technology is responsible for effective protection and commercialization of the portfolio of IPR.
About the company
The Center for Innovation of the Warsaw University of Technology is responsible for effective protection and commercialization of the portfolio of IPR, including inventions, utility models and trade-secrets protected also on international level, especially those significant in relation to strategic influence on defense, environment, health and energy sector according to Strategy of Development of the Warsaw University of Technology. The University closely co-operates with students and scientific employees by supporting them in designing IPR protection, offering legal and financial help to implement their entrepreneur ideas in start-ups and providing them with assistance by mentors.
In recent years, there has been a substantial increase in the interest of companies in solutions developed at the Warsaw University of Technology, which is reflected in the noticeable grow of commercialization revenues.
The four main goals of the Center for Innovation of the Warsaw University of Technology are:
- Enabling students and employees to profit from the results of their research work.
- conducting efficient processes for obtaining IPR protection,
- handling IPR rights sales and licensing processes,
- organizing opportunities for meetings with potential customers.
2. Facilitate entrepreneurial students, graduates, and the University employees in establishing their own companies (e. g. startups, spin-offs).
- incubating and accelerating startups,
- providing legal, financial and organizational support during the company setup process,
- negotiating and finalizing agreements with investors,
- promoting the offerings of newly established companies to the market by networking of professional connections, innovation exhibitions, etc.
3. Establish a creative space for generating, testing, and refining innovative solutions, particularly prototypes.
- offering a well-equipped makerspace for students and university employees,
- arranging meetings with individuals who integrate scientific achievements with a business mindset,
- organizing and coordinating workshops and hackathons.
4. Offer companies from all sectors of the economy access to the R&D&I teams of Warsaw University of Technology for joint projects and collaborative initiatives.
- implementing technology scouting across all faculties of WUT,
- organizing interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers ready to address business challenges,
- arranging networking events for scientists and entrepreneurs from diverse industries,
- presenting the inventions on exhibitions to get the clients.
Visit website: https://www.pw.edu.pl/
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org